Tax Payment Methods
*If mailing or presenting a mortgage escrow check, the reverse side of the check must be endorsed by all parties listed on the Pay To line of the check. (Often, mortgage companies issue checks to be made payable to the City of Waukesha and the homeowner). If the check lists both spouses, both must sign the check. Please know that the City of Waukesha does not endorse escrow checks so that the property owner can cash the check at their bank.
1. Save Time, Pay Online
1. Click the link above - you will be directed to Waukesha County's website.
2. Search by property address or parcel number from your tax bill.
3. Select your property, click on the BILL icon
4. Select the PAYMENT OPTIONS icon at the far left
5. Complete your payment with an eCheck for only $1.50 or use your Visa debit card for a fee of $3.95 or a credit card for a fee of 2.39% of the entire payment.
2. Pay at any Waukesha State Bank branch
For your convenience, tax payments can be made in person at any Waukesha State Bank branch (including drive-thru service with exact payment).
In most cases, the bank can provide immediate change up to $500 for escrow check overages whereas over payments made at City Hall will be refunded by mail.
Customers paying at the bank must present the payment coupon from the tax bill and all escrow checks must be endorsed by all parties listed on the check.
You do not need to have an account with the bank to make your tax payment.
Make Checks Payable to: CITY OF WAUKESHA
3. City Hall Drop Box
Payments deposited in the City's drop box will be processed the next business day. Please enclose payment stub with payment. The depository is located on the south wall of City Hall, accessed from the lower level parking lot.
4. Mail with Check
5. Clerk/Treasurer's Office
The office is regularly open from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday for tax payments. To save time, pay online!
City of Waukesha Clerk Treasurer Office
201 Delafield Street - Room 104
Waukesha, WI 53188
Clerk: (262) 524-3550
Treasurer: (262) 524-3850
Fax: (262) 524-3888