Public Works -

You can avoid paying Sewage User charges for water which does not enter the Sanitary Sewer

A Waukesha City Ordinance requires that Sewage billing be based upon measured volume. Usually the volume used is the amount of water furnished to a property through the water meter. Some utility customers use large amounts of water, which never enters the sanitary sewer: mainly for sprinkling of lawns and gardens. A provision has been made for such customers to pay only for what they use, that is, what they put in the sewer.

A sewer credit meter and "Request for Sewage Credit" permit may be obtained at 130 Delafield St. for a cost of $36.75. The property owner or contractor will be required to obtain a plumbing permit at the building inspection department.