Waukesha Night Out
Waukesha Night Out
Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Time: 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m
Location: Frame Park - Rotary Building Grounds
1150 Baxter St, Waukesha, WI 53186
This event is held annually and is free to the community. It is designed to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness; Promote safety knowledge;
- Generate support and participation in local anti-crime programs;
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
- Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
2014 WAUKESHA NIGHT OUT DETAILS
2014 WNO Event Sponsors:
GOLD DONATORS: ($500+)
- GE Healthcare- many volunteers and a monetary donation
- Roundys- Giftcard donation
- WE Energies- monetary donation & safety information
- Target- (Kossow Rd. & W. Sunset)- Volunteers, water, and carnival game prizes
- Culvers (Hwy 164 & N. Grandview)- Custard tokens & Scoopie
SILVER DONATORS: ($200 - $499)
- Waukesha State Bank- Monetary donation
- Citizen's Police Academy Alumni- Corn Roast
- Kwik Trip- giftcard donation
- Famous Daves (Waukesha)- monetary donation
- Farm and Fleet (Waukesha)- monetary donation
- Orange Hat Publishing- Child Idenification fingerpringting cards & volunteers
BRONZE DONATORS: ($199 or less)
- Olson Ace Hardware- Donate a popcorn machine
- Signs & LInes- Signage
- Discount Liquor- Ice and plastic barrels
- Woodmans- monetary donation
- Children's Community Health Plan- monetary donation
Live Music by DJ Ricky Z with Complete Music
TABLES, DISPLAYS, AND DEMONSTRATIONS :
- Flight for Life will be stopping by the event from 5 - 6pm (weather & no emergencies permitting).
- WI Department of Transportation & the State Patrol are providing a half squad/half taxi cab
- A Squad Car, Armored Car and Command Post will be on display from the Waukesha Police Department
- Child ID Kits- a Waukesha Police Officer will be present to finger print children.
- The Fire Safety House, an Ambulance and a Fire Truck will be on display from the Waukesha Fire Department.
- A K-9 and deputy, a Motorcycle Deputy, Command Post, a dive person, the Armored Bear Cat from the Waukesha Sheriff's Department will be on display.
- Animal Safety- Humane Animal Welfare Society (HAWS)
- Waukesha Metro Transit will have a City Bus on display.
- Waukesha Recycling will have a recycling display.
- The Waukesha Citizens Police Academy Alumni will be providing corn on the cob.
- G.E. Volunteers will be handing out free food to the community.
- McGruff the Crime Dog and Sparky the Fire Dog will be in the crowd.
- Roscoe the Milwaukee Admiral's Mascot
- Music provided by D.J. Ricky Z from Complete Music.
- American Dojo Martial Arts will be doing a Martial Arts demonstration.
- J.K. Lee Blackbelt Academy will be doing a Martial Arts demonstration.
- Graffiti Removal Information by Graffiti Effacers
- Alzheimers Association will have a display with information.
- Abra Auto Body will be on site with an Airbag Deployment Demonstration, teen driving information, and child safety seat information.
- Kinder Care Learning Center with daycare safety
- Child Car Seat Safety Information and demonstrations provided by Safe Kids of Wisconsin
- Drug information provided by the Elks Lodge 400
- ProHealth Care will by doing bicycle helmet fitting and selling helmets for $10.00
- Concealed Carry information provided by Wisconsin Firearms Training LLC
- WI Crime Alert Network providing information about Alerts in WI
- Anonymous Crime Tip information provided by Crime Stoppers of Waukesha County
- Civil Air Patrol (Waukesha Composite Squadrine) providing disaster response information
- Addiction Program information provided by Day Spring Baptist Church
- Senior Citizen Outreach Information provided by Interfaith Senior Programs
- Dunbar Oaks Neighborhood Watch giving out NW information
- Children's Community Health Plan- helmet information
- The Women's Center Waukesha- provide information on the center and abuse
We will have FREE food; inflatable jump house and slide, child carnival games, activities, and prizes for children; safety / drug information and demonstrations for people of all ages
Food and other activity supplies are limited.