Waukesha Night Out
Waukesha Night Out
Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2015
Time: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m
Location: Frame Park - Rotary Building Grounds
1150 Baxter St, Waukesha, WI 53186
This event is held annually and is free to the community. It is designed to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness; Promote safety knowledge;
- Generate support and participation in local anti-crime programs;
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
- Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
2015 WAUKESHA NIGHT OUT DETAILS
Continue to Check back with us as updates are occurring weekly...
2015 WNO Event Sponsors:
GOLD DONATORS: ($500+)
- GE Healthcare - many volunteers and a monetary donation
- Roundys - Gift card donation
- WE Energies - monetary donation & safety information
- Target- (Kossow Rd. & W. Sunset) - Volunteers, water, and carnival game prizes
- Famous Daves (Waukesha) - BBQ sliders and small coleslaws
- WaterStone Bank - Monetary Donation, Coloring Contest with prizes, handout for banking safety awareness
- Culvers (E. Main St. & N. Grandview) - Custard tokens & Scoopie
SILVER DONATORS: ($200 - $499)
- Waukesha State Bank - Monetary donation, prizes, safety information
- Citizen's Police Academy Alumni - Corn on the Cob Roast
- Kwik Trip - Gift card donation used for chips
- Orange Hat Publishing - Child Identification finger printing cards & volunteers
BRONZE DONATORS: ($199 or less)
- Olson Ace Hardware - Donate a popcorn machine
- Signs & Lines - Signage
- Discount Liquor - Ice and plastic barrels
- ABRA Auto Body & Glass- Monetary Donation, demonstrate Airbag deployments, driving safety information
- Woodmans - Monetary donation
- International Association of Machinists- Spring City Lodge - Monetary donation
- Cost Cutters - Monetary donation, temporary hair color/style, glow sticks
- Children's Community Health Plan - Monetary donation
Live Music by DJ Ricky Z with Complete Music
TABLES, DISPLAYS, AND DEMONSTRATIONS :
- Flight for Life will be stopping by the event from 5 - 6pm (weather & no emergencies permitting).
- WI Department of Transportation & the State Patrol are providing a half squad/half taxi cab
- A Squad Car, Armored Car and Command Post will be on display from the Waukesha Police Department. a School Resource Officer and narcotics specialists will be present to answer questions
- Child ID Kits- Waukesha Police Specialist will be present to finger print children.
- The Fire Safety House, an Ambulance and a Fire Truck will be on display from the Waukesha Fire Department.
- A K-9 with deputy, and the Armored Bear Cat from the Waukesha Sheriff's Department will be on display.
- Animal Safety- Humane Animal Welfare Society (HAWS)
- Safe Kids of Southeast Wisconsin- Child vehicle car seat information
- Waukesha Metro Transit will have a City Bus on display.
- Waukesha Recycling (County & City) will have a recycling display.
- The Waukesha Citizens Police Academy Alumni will be providing corn on the cob.
- Waukesha County Emergency Management- Provide Information
- G.E. Volunteers will be handing out free food to the community.
- McGruff the Crime Dog and Sparky the Fire Dog will be in the crowd.
- Roscoe the Milwaukee Admiral's Mascot
- Music provided by D.J. Ricky Z from Complete Music.
- American Dojo Martial Arts will be doing a Martial Arts demonstration.
- J.K. Lee Blackbelt Academy will be doing a Martial Arts demonstration.
- Kung Fu School will be doing a Martial Arts demonstration.
- Abra Auto Body will be on site with an Airbag Deployment Demonstration, teen driving information, and child safety seat information.
- Kinder Care Learning Center with daycare safety
- Drug information provided by the Elks Lodge 400
- ProHealth Care will by doing bicycle helmet fitting and selling helmets for $10.00
- Firearms Identification real vs not, Coupons for in home defense training ICombat
- WI Crime Alert Network providing information about Alerts in WI
- Anonymous Crime Tip information provided by Crime Stoppers of Waukesha County
- Civil Air Patrol (Waukesha Composite Squadron) providing disaster response information
- Addiction Program information & cotton candy provided by Day Spring Baptist Church
- Senior Citizen Outreach Information provided by Interfaith Senior Programs
- Dunbar Oaks Neighborhood Watch giving out NW information
- Children's Community Health Plan - helmet information
- The Women's Center Waukesha - provide information on the center and abuse
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters - provide program information
- Early Head Start - program information
- Face Painting & other child activities- Pick N Save
- Shielded Hearts- Program information on Law Enforcement family support systems
- Provide information on School Eye Checks and why they are important- Lions Club of Waukesha
- Elderly Care Information- The Caring Place
- Waukesha Park & Rec- Program information about safe activities for families
We will have FREE food; inflatable jump house and slide, child carnival games, activities, and prizes for children; safety / drug information and demonstrations for people of all ages
Food and other activity supplies are limited.
A SPECIAL THANKS GOES OUT TO ALL THE RESERVE OFFICERS AND EXPLORERS
THAT HELP US WITH THE EVENT