Waukesha Night Out
Waukesha Night Out
Date: Wednesday, August 14, 2013.
Time: 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m
Location: Frame Park - Rotary Building Grounds
1150 Baxter St, Waukesha, WI 53186
Waukesha Night Out is an event for the whole community.
This event is held annually and is free to the community. It is designed to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
- Promote safety knowledge;
- Generate support and participation in local anti-crime programs;
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
- Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
What will be happening at WNO in 2013:
Flight for Life will be stopping by the event from 5 - 6pm (weather & no emergencies permitting).
Batman will be there with the Batmobile. Please bring a camera for photo opportunities.
WI Department of Transportation & AAA are providing and running a Distracted Driving Simulator for teens and adults. Make sure to stop by the back of the Rotary Building with your cell phone to see how you Text while Driving.
Child Car Seat Information provided by Safe Kids of WI.
A Squad Car, Armored Car and Command Post will be on display from the Waukesha Police Department
Child ID Kits- a Waukesha Police Officer will be present to finger print children.
The Fire Safety House, an Ambulance and a Fire Truck will be on display from the Waukesha Fire Department.
Waukesha Metro Transit will have a City Bus on display.
Waukesha Recycling will have a recycling display.
The Waukesha Citizens Police Academy Alumni will be present
G.E. Volunteers will be handing out free food to the community.
McGruff the Crime Dog and Sparky the Fire Dog will be in the crowd.
Music provided by D.J. Ricky Z from Complete Music.
The Badgerland Ski Team will be performing at 6:00pm in the Fox River.
ProHealth Care will be selling and fitting childrens bicycle helmets for $10.
American Dojo Martial Arts will be doing a Martial Arts demonstration.
J.K. Lee Blackbelt Academy will be doing a Martial Arts demonstration.
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources will have a boating safety display.
A K-9 and deputy, a Motorcycle Deputy, and the Shefiff's Department Command Post from the Waukesha Sheriff's Department will be on display.
Target volunteers will be handing out free water to the community.
The Waukesha Patch will be handing out free popcorn to the community.
Wisconsin Crime Alert Network will have a display to inform the community about their safety notification network.
Alzheimers Association will have a display with information.
Waukesha Elks Lodge will have a display handing out drug information.
Abra Auto Body will be on site with an Airbag Deployment Demonstration, teen driving information, and child safety seat information.
We will have FREE food; inflatable jump house and slide, child carnival games, activities, and prizes for children; safety / drug information and demonstrations for people of all ages. Supplies are limited.
- G.E. Healthcare- has donated for over 10 years to this event. Yearly they donate 20 or more volunteers and give a monetary donation.
- Roundy's- They donate yearly with a giftcard to Pick N Save
- W.E. Energies- Yearly they give a monetary donation
- Target- They donate volunteers and 2 pallets of water
- Waukesha State Bank- Yearly give a monetary donation
- Olson Ace Hardware- Donate a popcorn machine
- Kwik Trip- Donate Cookies and Chips
- Discount Liquor- Donate bags of ice and large plastic holders for water bottles with ice
- Signs and Lines by Stretch- donate signage
- Complete Music- donate equipment for DJ Ricky Z