Alcohol Retail License Information

*Click here to view the Liquor License Informational Brochure

Alcohol Retail License Forms

State law requires that the application be received at least 15 days before it is submitted to Council and that the City publish a notice of the application in the City's official newspaper. The Council meets the first and third Tuesdays of each month. The application is reviewed by the License and Ordinance Committee, which makes its recommendation to the Council. State law also requires that the owner(s) (if individual or partnership) or agent (if corporation or limited liability company) complete the responsible beverage server course.  It is a four hour course.  The course is offered Waukesha County Technical College or online at 

*Wisconsin Statutes can also be accessed on the Internet at

*Chapter 9 of the Waukesha Municipal Code can also be accessed at  Waukesha Code Book

The sale of Intoxicating Liquor and Fermented Malt Beverages is regulated by chapter 125 of the Wisconsin Statutes* and Chapter 9 of the Waukesha Municipal Code**. Both are available at the Waukesha Public Library.

The license year runs from July 1 through June 30 of the following year. The fees are:

  • $44.00 publication fee, which must be paid at the time of application
  • $100.00 Class A or B fermented malt beverage license
  • $100.00 Class C wine license
  • $450.00 Class A intoxicating liquor license
  • $500.00 Class B intoxicating liquor license
  • License fees must be paid before the license is issued.

Auxiliary Questionnaire Form
(Form AT-103) Must be completed by all individuals, all partners, and all officers and directors and the agent of corporations and members or managers and agent of limited liability companies making application for a license and be attached to Form AT-106 or AT-115. The questionnaire must also be completed for any successor agent appointed by a corporation/limited liability company, and by all new officers and directors of corporations or new members or managers of limited liability companies applying for renewal, in which case the forms must be attached to the Form AT-115.

Agent Schedule
(Form AT-104) Must be used by all corporations, nonprofit organizations or limited liability companies when applying for an original license or whenever a new agent is appointed.

Original Alcohol Beverage License Application
(Form AT-106) Use for all new applicants.

Renewal Alcohol Beverage License Application
(Form AT-115) Use for those applying for a renewal license. If there is any change in the business, entity, including from an individual to a partnership or corporation/limited liability company, or if a partner is added or dropped, or if a partnership is incorporated, or limited liability company formed, an original application must be submitted on Form AT-106.

Wisconsin Alcohol Beverage & Tobacco Laws for Retailers

*Informational Pamphlet - Licensing for Alcohol Beverages


City of Waukesha Clerk Treasurer Office
201 Delafield Street - Room 104
Waukesha, WI  53188
Clerk: (262) 524-3550
Treasurer: (262) 524-3850
Fax: (262) 524-3888