Bartender (Seller / Server) License

Bartender (Seller/Server) License

Click here for the application form

The application must be filled out completely and must be notarized.
Notary Public service is available in the Clerk's Office.

The $82 license fee must be paid by cash, check or credit card.
(Please make all checks payable to: City of Waukesha)

A record check will be completed by the Police Department. If the record check reveals tickets or charges which were not reported on your application, your application may be rejected and the fee forfeited.  To have your application considered, it would be necessary to reapply, providing complete information, and paying the reapplication fee of $20.00. You will be able to view your record check at the time of reapplying for your license.

State law requires that applicants complete an approved Responsible Beverage Server's course if they have neither held a license nor completed the course within the last 2 years. Proof must be supplied before a license will be issued. View this link for a list of Responsible Beverage Server training courses that have been approved for certification in Wisconsin. The City of Waukesha does not endorse nor administer any of these programs. Any issues you have concerning registration, student certification, fees, certificates, etc., must be directed to the individual vendor for resolution.

The Ordinance and License Committee reviews the applications and recommends approval or denial to the Common Council.

The record check takes approximately 5-7 business days to process. If there are no drug and/or alcohol related charges on your record, a temporary license may be issued.  This is valid for up to 60 days, but cannot be renewed or extended. Please note that a temporary license can only be issued once the record check is completed. You must show proof that you took and pass the Responsible Beverage Server's course in order to obtain your regular license.

Waukesha Municipal Code Chapter 9.08
The sale of Intoxicating Liquor and Fermented Malt Beverages is regulated by chapter 125 of the Wisconsin Statutes* and Chapter 9.08 of the Waukesha Municipal Code.

For additional information about licensing or to obtain applications, contact the Clerk/Treasurer's office at (262) 524-3550.


City of Waukesha Clerk Treasurer Office
201 Delafield Street - Room 104
Waukesha, WI  53188
Clerk: (262) 524-3550
Treasurer: (262) 524-3850
Fax: (262) 524-3888