Office of the Clerk-Treasurer
The Clerk-Treasurer's Office strives to deliver the best possible service to the residents, Common Council, and to the staff of the City of Waukesha, while carrying out the duties and responsibilities required by Wisconsin State Statutes, City Ordinances and Common Council Resolutions.
Main responsibilities of the Clerk-Treasurer's Department Include:
- Administers elections for the City of Waukesha.
- Maintains the Statewide Voter Registration System (SVRS) Database for the City of Waukesha.
- Issues a variety of municipal licenses to include liquor licenses, bartender, taxi cab, secondhand dealer, etc.
- Issues a variety of municipal permits to include sidewalk cafe, block party, special event, etc.
- Keeps record of proceedings at Board of Review Hearings.
- Processes and routes City Claims.
- Maintains the Municipal Code Book.
- Prepares minutes for the meetings of the Common Council and Ordinance & License Committee.
- Prepares tax bills for property owners.
- Collects real estate and personal property taxes.
- Collects payments for a variety of City invoices.
- Administers Oath of Office for a variety of appointments.
- Publish and post ordinances, resolutions and public hearing notices.
- Processes Special Assessment Letters.
- Performs all other duties required by law, ordinance or lawful direction of the City Council, & comply with policies of the City of Waukesha.
RECENTLY PASSED ORDINANCES
ORDINANCE NO. 17-15
Click here to view an Ordinance Repealing and Recreating Sections 16.03 and 16.07 of the Municipal Code, and Creating Sections 16.031, 16.071 and 16.073 of the Municipal Code, Regarding Building Permit Issuance and Fees.
ORDINANCE NO. 14-15
Click here to view an Ordinance to Repeal and Recreate Section 22.22 of the Municipal Code of the City of Waukesha, Wisconsin.
City of Waukesha Clerk-Treasurer Office
201 Delafield Street - Inside City Hall Room 104
Waukesha, WI 53188
Clerk: (262) 524-3550
Treasurer: (262) 524-3850
Fax: (262) 524-3888